I’m not sure where this picture came from originally. But…Liebster!
Whew! I had no idea this award even existed, and here I’ve been nominated! A big thanks to Charlotte from My Crazy, New York, Post-Grad Life for nominating me! I’ll quote her here;
Basically, the Liebster Award is a Favorite Blog Award – Liebster is German for “favorite”. It is awarded to a blog that has less than 200 followers. It’s a great way to interact with other smaller blogs and to get everyone more connected! HOW COOL!
Cool indeed. Rules are as follows –
- Recognize the totally fabulous blogger who nominated you!
- Write 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked.
- Nominate new bloggers
- Write 11 questions of your own for the bloggers you nominate.
So part 1 done with, on to part 2!
- I feel more comfortable in Asia than America. Not to say that I don’t love America. I do; but I think my personality suits Asia better. Or vice versa.
- I listen to music almost all the time. There is rarely a moment when I’m not listening to something. Classical or hymns if I need to concentrate, but something; on the bus, in the office, before bed…all the time. I need to stop.
- I read way too much. I recently finished six books in as many days. I ate them up. My eyes are getting worse, probably a direct result. But I breathe words.
- I have a really weird variety of interests. Let me list them; languages, Asia, quantum physics, cryptography, tea and tea-making, martial arts, knitting and spinning, writing, playing Go, natural healing, and soon, videography. Just to start with.
- I used to dream of being a jockey and owning a Thoroughbred breeding farm.
- I also wanted to be an artist or illustrator.
- Now I dream of being a translator in Korea.
- I love cold places; Finland, Russia, and Iceland are all places I dream of visiting, simply because they’re cold.
- It may be in part because my heritage is largely Viking. My ancestors were from Norway or Sweden, so that area has always held a special place for me. Just not as much as Asia.
- I don’t believe that people have to follow the paths of their peers, but can accomplish their heart’s desires with effort and dedication.
- And lastly, I have a deep obsession with orange chocolate.
Alright, there’s that done. Now onto Part 3, answering the questions by the blogger who nominated me.
- What is the most important thing you want your readers to take away from your blog? –That Asia is amazing, and that dreams really do come true if you work for them. That the dream life is within reach and you don’t have to do what everyone else is doing.
- If you got a tattoo, what would you get, where would you get it, and why? – I will probably never get one, but if I was forced, for whatever reason, I would probably get some word or phrase on my torso where it would be hidden. Maybe “adventure” or something.
- Favorite song of all time? – Egad. How am I supposed to pick? I can’t. It varies by mood. I know, lame cop-out.
- If you could go back to any time period, what would it be? – 1920’s, and meet Fitzgerald.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure? – Kdramas. I adore them shamelessly, while I acknowledge the ridiculousness of them.
- What is your favorite celebrity couple? – Uh, unknown? I don’t keep up with celeb gossip, so I don’t even know my options.
- What crazy crayola crayon color best describes you? – Since I had to go research crazy colors, I pick ‘Alien Armpit.’ It is recently a fave of mine for an accent color, and it’s the weirdest name in the list.
- If you could live in any country other than your own, where would you choose and why? – Korea. No explanation needed.
- What is your favorite holiday? – Christmas. Love the warm fuzzies it invokes, love the decorations, LOVE the food.
- If you had an entourage with 3 celebrities, who would they be? – Will Smith, Craig Ferguson, and Gerard Butler. Two to make me laugh, two to protect me, one to look at. Figure it out.
- What is one non-technological item that you could NOT live without? – Tteokkbokki! Non-tech food item!
Part 4 – nominate bloggers. Sadly, I don’t know that many who fulfill the requirements of under 200 followers (and some I don’t have any way of telling), but I have a few. Love you guys!
And lastly, my questions for my nominees.
- What was your biggest dream growing up, and what is your dream now?
- What is your favorite ethnic food?
- What is the top item on your bucket list?
- If you had to choose between only being able to read or watch tv for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- If you could meet your clone, would you?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that’s happened to you while away from home?
- Do you prefer the harmony of society in Asia or the individuality of society in America?
- Do you think learning cursive writing is a waste of time?
- In your opinion, what was the greatest invention of the 20th century?
- Could you survive for a week without internet?
- Do you prefer public transport or having a car?
So that’s it! I appreciate being nominated and hope that many more worthy bloggers get noticed because of this award. It’s a fantastic idea. Thanks again, Charlotte!